warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID d66b746e
April 27, 2008 18 Comments
After frustrating some hours, finally i got the gateway to install skype in my Fedora 8!!
First I tried to follow the instructions here: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/repositories.html
For some reason, I get an error:
“warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID d66b746e”
This was the procedure I used instead:
1. yum install nas.i386 qt4.i386 qt4-x11.i386 libsigc++20
2. Download the Skype RPM from: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/ (i.e. change the sound input and output device to the first plughw device)
3. rpm -Uvh skype-184.108.40.206-fc5.i586.rpm
4. To fix the lack of sound in Skype, follow the instructions here: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype
5. Change the launcher for Skype (/usr/share/applications/skype.desktop) to run: pasuspender skype
6. If the microphone is not working, trying plugging it into the back of the PC, or verify that the actual plug matches the audio system’s notion of where it should take input from.
Hope it may help some one…😉